Pages

Hair Competition (part 2) 1940’s Autumn hair

So,
My last post was about the Christmas hair Competition, so I thought I’d just let you know about our latest competition,
the theme was “The Seasons”. I chose Autumn, I must admit Summer is my favorite month by a mile, but I do love the Autumn sun, and the colours of the leaves in Autumn
I also chose to put my spin on the hairstyle ;) and went for a Vintage 1940s style with Victory Rolls at the front and designed a cute row of vertical rolls at the back and then added a hair slide I made with some decorative acorns, toadstools, feathers etc
Aaaaaaaand…………….. I won 1st Prize!!

image-1image (2) 

 image 


I created this look by curling all the hair first with tongs, the two front sections that created the victory rolls were curled back away from the face, and the back all curled in the same direction with the tong held vertically, which helped create the rolls at the back
The rolls were created by twisting them around my index finger and rolling them in towards the scalp, then securing with grips and hairspray
Hope you like it! :)

oh and before I finish, here’s the mood board I had to do first, to present my inspirations and materials I was going to use.



Thanks for reading!!
Have a lovely weekend
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...